Oh Captain, My Captain

When you get a seriously warm weekend in February, you head to the water.


Even if that means hanging out underneath an urban waterfall.


But really, global warming is so great in the moment, even though it will probably eventually kill us all.



I was going for a whole "springtime in Paris" look and had grand plans about where to shoot, but we discovered that the quiet little cafe I had planned on shooting in front of was absolutely crawling with people.



So we headed down to the riverfront instead and I think it was for the best.


I opted for a navy and white outfit, pairing a striped turtleneck with my favorite blazer.  And yes, I did in fact feel like a very fancy boat captain.



Ankle-length denim and lace-up flats were the final touches, letting those bare ankles get some sunlight!


After shooting, we went in search of sustenance and found ourselves on the sun-drenched patio of Agua 301.


We ordered some tacos and discovered that bottomless sangria is only $14.


We sat in the sun, got a little bit day drunk, and I may have even had a sunburn by the time we left.

February, you're ok.


Blazer: Zara (similar here or here); Turtleneck: Lands' End (LL Bean version); Denim: Banana Republic; Flats: Halogen (similar here, here, here, or here); Bag: Kate Spade (sold out, but love this and this); Earrings: Kenneth Jay Lane; Shades: Forever 21 (similar)

Comments

Popular Posts